Church of God by Faith’s History
The Church of God by Faith was established in 1914. The founders were Moderator John Bright, Bishop Aaron Matthews, National Evangelist Nathaniel Scippio, and Executive Secretary Hubert Steadman. In 1922, the four founders created a Charter that incorporated The Church of God by Faith. The Charter became official in 1923 and Aaron Matthews Sr. was appointed the first Bishop.
Church of God by Faith Inc. has grown to over 170 churches and missions across the United States. An international church has also been established in Talcahuano, Chile. On May 8, 2014, Pastor Tyrone Jordan was led to proclaim the gospel in Alma, Georgia. The ministry began in an old store front. He was then led to begin building. He prayed and allowed God to lead and guide him in doing so, and was blessed beyond measure with land, building materials, carpenter skills, and more.
By May 2015 Wayne Street Church of God by Faith had become a beautiful sanctuary for the people of God. Wayne Street Church of God by Faith was welcomed with open arms by the National Church of God by Faith on October 3, 2015. Church of God by Faith was established on faith, and by faith the work of the Lord continues here in Alma, Georgia.